Your wedding is once in a lifetime event captured on forever lasting pictures and the video. You absolutely want to look your best even if you happen to shed tears during this life changing day. To make this happen, it is important to set up a plan with your skin care professional at least six months in advance of the big day. It is not recommended for you to leave it to chance and do-it-yourself facials at home. During this time you are advised not to use any harsh products including the rotating brush that is known to harm the surface layer of the skin.
The first step is a customized consultation focusing on your goals. After the initial skin analysis your skin care professional will recommend a proper skin care that goes along with your treatment. It is possible to have a healthy and radiant skin at any age. Of course, the treatments and the efforts of your skin professional are not going to be as effective if you don’t support it with a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some easy to follow tips you can implement anytime.
- Good nutrition is a key to successful outcome. If you are planning on following any type of diet please make sure to drink enough water to support the loss of body mass. Skin deprived of nutrients can begin to lose elasticity and special toning and hydrating treatments need to accompany your routine facials. That is why it’s very important to inform your skin care professional of the other venues you are undertaking in order to fit into that perfect dress. If a nutritionist is not an option please follow a reasonably healthy diet to avoid big sugar spikes which can affect your hormones and as a consequence create breakouts and even acne. What’s recommended for you at this time? Protein rich foods such as fish, eggs , sardines, avocados and chia seeds to assure a proper nutritional balance.
- Proper hydration helps to repair the skin and body. Alkaline water, coconut water or even a gatorade once a day to rebalance the ph in the body. Stress most likely will create an acidic environment in your body which in turn can contribute to skin dehydration, dull looking skin and fine lines. Make sure to have at least 8 cups of water a day.
- Relaxation is needed as the day is getting closer and closer. Breathing exercises and stress reducing activities such as yoga and meditation and massage are also recommended.
- Don’t leave the spray tan to a chance. You need to schedule it before your makeup trial session to make sure the tone of your makeup is matching the new look of your skin.
- Last facial is always going to be Speranzi Customized Oxygen Infusion Facial that can be done 3 days before the wedding. This is one of the safest but most impactful facial treatments to prepare your for the big day. Not only it re-hydrates the skin but it plumps it up and reduces dark circles while firming the skin of the face.
Let’s start the conversation. Visit us at www.speranzi.com