It is April, 2020 and as we are collectively going through a planetary reboot, and leaving the ridgid world full of expectations to a new world seeking kindness and acceptance. We are forced to look at our lives from the lense of the present moment rather that the past or the future. We are transforming our lives and allowing the world to change at the same time.
In my many years as a doctor, I have learned an important truth that is still not taught in medical school. The connection between your thoughts, your beliefs and your physical balance is more likely to influence your health than anything else. That’s because your consciousness creates your cells.
Christiane Northrup, MD
You know the saying “You are what you think”? It is exactly what I am talking about in today’s podcast. A healthy lifestyle, physical and emotional is necessary for our body to have the energy to rebuild itself. Every decade we are given a second chance to transform and rebuild to a younger and healthier self. All we have to do is to become aware of the gift given to us by Mother Nature.
According to science, our cells replace itself every day and every 7-10 years our body undergoes self- destruction and self-regeneration. Except for brain cells, our muscles, our bones, our joints, our organs rebuild itself and have a potential to be younger than a decade ago. It is up to us to keep it healthy and strong to support the potential of regrowing a healthier, younger looking cells. And you can’t blame your genes any longer for what happens to you over the course of a lifetime either. Scientists agree that the heredity has very little to do with our current state of well-being, it is merely 20% of what we are. The remaining 80% of who we are is dictated by a lifestyle we lead. So there, don’t blame your mother for your wrinkles or a double chin, or your father for the deep line between your eyebrows. Those are habits of your parents or people you spend most time with, and since you’ve observed them doing it for a long enough, subconsciously you are repeating this pattern and create the creases in exactly the same part of the face.
Let’s go back to the skin and those cells that have an ability to shed off minute-by-minute creating that perfectly plump and glowing skin when we are young. As we age the process of flaking off slows down, the skin becomes dull and less vibrant and wrinkles become to form. With the first signs of aging, which is at around 28, we are prompted to change our lifestyle and ramp up the emotional and physical health and focus on self-care.
So now I have a question for you, my audience, where are you on the scale of 7-10 year self repair cycle? Are you at the beginning or the end of the cycle. Remember, it’s never too late. You can start the transformation at any time and any day. It is all up to you.