One of the more well known causes of acne is greasy skin. The oil is the sebum produced by the skin to prevent skin dehydration.
Excessive oil though causes blockages within the pores which allows bacteria to multiply and in effect cause acne. The prime example of that is your T-zone. There is an easy solution to this problem–be consistent! Don’t skin cleansing and moisturizing. Wash your skin with fruit acid based cleanser containing AHA, glycolic, lactic and very small amount of salicylic. Moisturize with a water based moisturizer to prevent the sebum formation. No coconut oil on the skin please!
7 ways to keep your skin oil free
- Wash your face two times a day. Wash your face two times a day with a AHA or glycolic cleanser.
- The perfect amount of sunlight. An excessive amount of sun exposure is bad. Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Make use of a clay-based face mask Again it’s imperative that you use a clay-based masks.
- Use products that contains AHA – Alpha Hydroxy Acids These help remove dead skin and provide skin a smoother appearance.
- Steam the skin Open your pores by steaming it with water containing fresh rosemary or parsley or thyme.
- Drink plenty of water It helps in keeping the skin hydrated. Drink 6-8 glasses if you can. Avoid sugary drinks.
- Diet Limit the amount of oily/fatty foods and eat much more vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Supplement your diet B-complex vitamins, probiotics, vitamin E&A and zinc.